Hawaii Weddings

Getting Married ?

Want a Christian Wedding ?

From all of us here at Island Aloha Christian Ministries, CONGRATULATIONS !

Your Wedding will be a day to cherish and remember for the rest of your life.

Our Wedding Ministers/Officiants are Ordained and Licensed to formally officiate weddings anywhere in the State of Hawaii.    We would be honored to preside at your Wedding Ceremony so you can move forward with your new life as Husband and Wife,… in love and service to the Lord,… through each other.


Diamond Head Couple - no minister

Whether your wedding is in a church building,… or on a secluded beach at sunset,… remote locations or odd times are no problem.  We will do our very best to accommodate you with the location you desire,… anywhere on the islands.

Have the type of wedding you want,… wherever and whenever you want it,… all while preserving the Sacredness of a Christian Marriage Ceremony.



The requirements for marriage in the State of Hawaii can be found at https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/home.html

wedding stained glass

The only requirements we have as a Christian ministry are:

  • As a couple, you have received some type premarital counseling (from a pastor or counselor of your choice)
  • You are a baptized Christian
  • The marriage is between a man and a woman (as determined at birth). 

If you have not received any premarital counseling or have never been baptized, we can assist you with this in advance of your wedding. 

Once your wedding ceremony is complete, your marriage will be officially recorded in the Marriage Register of Island Aloha Christian Ministries, Hawaii

Additionally, for those who are married by Island Aloha Christian Ministries, a re-blessing of your marriage or a Vow Renewal ceremony is always available to you anytime you’re visiting the island of Oahu.   This is our way of helping to keep the memory of your wedding day alive and your marriage forever strong.  Your Wedding Minister/Officiant,… as well as all of us at Island Aloha Christian Ministries,… would love to see you again and encourage you to keep in touch with us!

IACM Marriage Certificate - Certificates Final

In addition to the Official “Permanent” Marriage License that will be sent to you from the State of Hawaii,  you will also be presented with a beautiful Marriage Certificate from Island Aloha Christian Ministries, Hawaii as well, like the one above.   Once signed by the witnesses, it will be presented to you,… as Husband and Wife,… at the signing table or at your reception.   Duplicate Certificates will be forever available to you, if needed.   

Note:  An Official “Temporary” Marriage License from the State of Hawaii will also be available to you online, usually within 2-3 business days of the date of your ceremony.   You can print it out and use it for official purposes (making ID cards, etc.).   We can print this document and fax, mail, or email it to you as well if that is helpful.   


  1. What is the fee for a Wedding Ceremony?
  • $300.00 (price includes taxes)
  • $100.00 per rehearsal (if desired

Note:  The above suggested donation/honoraria is for the island of Oahu, only.   If the wedding and/or rehearsals are on one of the other islands (Maui, Kauai, Big Island…) you would be additionally responsible for the air travel, car rental, food, and lodging for the Minister/Officiant.

        2.  Do you recommend a rehearsal before the wedding?

Whether or not to hold a wedding rehearsal is entirely up to the couple, but keep in mind that a rehearsal before the wedding, does in fact, make the ceremony run smoother.

Note:  For planning purposes, we are available for rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   We are normally not available for rehearsal on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday as these are busy wedding days/times for us.

The purpose of the rehearsal is to review the sequence of the wedding ceremony so the bride and groom may feel more confident that their wedding will be both beautiful and flawless.

    3.   We have already picked out a church for our wedding but we need a minister?  Can you officiate a wedding in a church of our choosing?

Yes, this would be possible provided that permission is granted ahead of time by the church’s pastor.   Some churches are more agreeable to this arrangement than others.  

    4.  We’re planning on having a themed wedding.  Do you officiate at such weddings?

Our ministers are willing to officiate a themed wedding providing it is done with dignity and in good taste.  For a definitive answer to this question, it is best to discuss the nature of the theme with us early on in your planning process.

     5.  Are there any restrictions as to where you will perform a wedding?

There are no restrictions as to where a wedding can be performed as long as it is safe and the dignity for the event/sacrament is maintained at all times.

    6.  Are there any restrictions as to the dress of the bride and the groom?

While the majority of couples choose to get married in traditionally formal wedding wear (gown, suit/tuxedo), there are some couples who may wish to break with convention and wear non-traditional dress,… especially at a themed wedding.

Our ministers are willing to officiate at such a wedding provided dignity for the event/sacrament is maintained at all times.

    7.   Are your ministers willing to travel outside of Oahu to perform a wedding?

Yes, they will be most happy to travel to any of the other Hawaiian Islands to perform a wedding ceremony.  However, there would be additional charges for air-fare, lodging, food, and car rental.

    8.  Are there any restrictions during the ceremony for divorced parents of the bride or groom?

This is a very sensitive issue and requires that each situation be handled separately and with consideration and understanding.  If the bride were raised by a stepfather, she may consider some other options when walking down the aisle:

  • walk down the aisle alone
  • walk with her mother
  • walk the first halfway with her father and the remaining distance with her stepfather
  • walk with the both her father and stepfather together on each side.

As far as seating arrangements during the ceremony, customarily, mothers and their spouses sit in the front seats on the respective sides.  Fathers and their spouses sit directly behind the mothers.  

Of course, this is all subject to the wishes of the bridal couple.  For instance, if the bride or groom prefers, it is quite acceptable to have divorced parents also sit in the front rows with their spouses.

  • If the bride walks with the stepfather, she may also wish to include her father in the ceremony (i.e. by doing a special reading).

    9.  We have a family member who would like to do a special reading at the wedding.   Is this permitted?

Yes, readings of special prayers, poems, and writings add a beautiful touch to the wedding ceremony and are highly encouraged.  Such readings are often personally crafted by the bride and groom, a friend, or a family member.

There are even times when a friend or family member wishes to share a wonderful story or narrative about the wedding couple with all those present.  This too is encouraged as long as it is in keeping with the solemnity of the occasion.  

However, it is advised that all “extra” ceremonial additions be kept brief.

    10.  We would like to light a Unity Candle at the ceremony.  Who makes arrangements for this?

Traditionally, arrangements for the Unity Candle are the responsibility of the wedding coordinator.   In addition, there are several other ceremonial options to symbolize unity which can be incorporated into the marriage ceremony.   

These are usually discussed and decided upon at the orientation meeting.

    11.  Is it possible for children from a previous marriage to be part of the ceremony?

Not only is it possible, it is highly suggested.   In fact, with the bride and groom’s approval, our minister will perform a ceremony that also includes any children from a previous marriage into the union vows.  

Blessings are then invoked upon this newly blended family.

    12.  Are there any restrictions on the choice of music?

Selection of music for the service is entirely the choice of the bride and groom but once again, it is recommended that it be in keeping with the solemnity/dignity of the occasion.

    13.  Are there any rules for our photographer?

A wedding is a special moment in time that can never be reenacted.  Therefore, our ministers give photographers a great degree of latitude in photographing the service.

Their only request is that they do not interfere directly with the ceremony or cause any unnecessary distractions.

    14.  What type of attire do your ministers wear at a wedding?

Attire by the officiant is an important, yet rarely discussed, part of a wedding ceremony. Our ministers wear traditional clerical vestments.   This is most appropriate and works well for the ceremony and photographs.

   15.  How do we go about obtaining our marriage license?

  • The prospective applicants must appear together in person before a marriage license agent to apply for a marriage license.  Proxies are not allowed.
  • The prospective applicants should be prepared to provide the necessary proof of age and present any required written consents and approvals.  All of the necessary documents should be obtained prior to applying for a marriage license.
  • The prospective applicants must prepare an official application and file the application in person with the marriage license agent.  The application may be completed online (see website below). The application will not be accepted if sent by either postal mail or e-mail.
  • Upon approval, a marriage license is issued at the time the application is made.
  • The marriage license fee is $60.00 (plus $5.00 portal administrative cost).  The fee may be paid online or in-person at the time the application is submitted to a marriage license agent.
  • The marriage license is good only in, but is valid throughout, the State of Hawaii.
  • The marriage license expires 30 days from and including the date of issuance, after which it automatically becomes null and void.

To apply online for marriage:    https://marriage.ehawaii.gov

The marriage license application form is available in PDF format:  Download marriage license application

       16.  Where do I Apply for a Marriage License

  • In Honolulu – Room 101 (1st floor) of the Health Department Building, 1250 Punchbowl St. (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
    Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • For information about civil union/marriage agents on Oahu – call (808) 586-4544
  • For information about civil union/marriage agents on the neighbor islands – call the local office of the Department of Health:

Hawaii (Big Island): (808) 974-6008
Kauai:   (808) 241-3498
Maui:   (808) 984-8210
Molokai:   (808) 553-7870

Please call or email us if you have any other question or need additional clarification.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Prayers & Blessings

Ph:  (808) 347-6615

Email:  iacmh@outlook.com

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close